Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Covergirl Clump crusher by LashBlast review!



When I first saw a the preview for this, I knew I had to have it. For a product to boast "clump crusher", they have to back it up...right? 
Lets see what this bad boy crushes..
It will either be my clumps or my expectations...




 Claims:   Clump Crusher by LashBlast mascara delivers 200% more volume with zero clumps (vs. bare lashes) for beautifully separated lashes. Clump crusher's innovative curved brush features a lash loading section to saturate lashes with loads of product and fine-tooth comb bristles to evenly distribute mascara. Released November 1, 2012

Directions: Discard bottle cap.  Replace with brush and close cap completely before first use.  Hold brush as close as possible to base of lashes, and wiggle it as you move it up through lashes.

Available in Brown, Black brown, Black, and Very black.

Price: $8.99

Ingredients:
Water/Eau, Acrylates Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire, De Carnauba, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Polyethylene, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Synthetic Wax, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Henoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Glycerin, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylcellulose, Iron Oxides, may contain/Peut contenir: Ultramarines, Titanium Dioxide




As you can see, the wand is slightly protruding on one side while the other side is relativity flat. The spikes are short and stout, compared to my other mascara wands, which are longer and have longer bristles.

While I haven't tried all of the Lashblast mascara's (I've tried the Volume mascara & Fusion mascara), I was eager to try this one out because of the Clump crusher title. 
The lashblast family includes: Volume mascara, 24 hour mascara, Fusion mascara (W/P & Reg), Length mascara and LUXE mascara
 
If you know anything about me, You'd know I mentioned I rarely wear mascara, AT ALL. The reason for this is because I have found that my eyelashes fall out super easy after wearing any and all mascaras, I get irritating black specks inside my eyes, its time consuming to apply three coats when I am in a rush (which is almost always), I usually look like I have 5 lashes or worse, and I hate wearing my glasses and my lashes hit the glass when I blink. 
Not cute. 
 

                                                      Application:                                                     
After coating the wand with product, place the wand at the base of your lashes and wiggle through until the very end of the lash. I start at the end of my top lash line and work my way in. That way I have more product on the outside lashes. Make sure to add a coat to the top of your lashes on your upper lashline and then under coat to the upper lash. You can slightly apply pressure to the upper lash base to give a slightly curled effect, without the eyelash curler. 
(tip: always, always, always curl lashes before you add mascara. Not only to you risk breakage to your lashes if you curl them after your mascara, but you also will have a crimp of eyelashes that have product taken off from the eyelash curler)

Smudging & Holding curls:
I did try curling my lashes prior to adding this, and I noticed for a minute it held the curl, but quickly deflated into my regular, slightly curled lash form. Not happy about that, I must say. 
As for the smudging and flaking part, there was none. I was pleasantly surprised, because usually I will have smudges underneath my lower lashes.

This is a dry mascara formula. Meaning you aren't able to mess with your lashes too much after your initial coat. I like to help my lashes have a fan like effect and being that this is a drier formula, it doesn't give the same flexibility as if it were a wetter consistency. This is only my dislikes though so what doesn't work for me, might work for you.




I actually compared this mascara to my favorite mascara, Benefit They're real, and I have to admit I still do reach for my Benefit mascara above all else. 
I will say though, for a drugstore mascara, this is a great alternative and gives the same great length that the They're real mascara does.


                           I have a video review for it on my YouTube channel below:                         





                         
                            Overall Thoughts:                          
Pros:
Offers Length
Non clumping after 3 coats
Separates very well
Inexpensive
 Black glossy finish
Does not smudge
Non flaking

Cons:
Made lashes stick together after a couple of coats (not horribly, but noticeable to me)
Doesn't thicken or offer tons of volume
No waterproof available at this time
Does not hold a curl


While I would recommend this mascara for separating and being clump free, I would not say that it is great for volume or thickness.

Price: $8.99
You can find Clump crusher at your local Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, Amazon.com, or at Drugstore.com

(All products mentioned were purchased by myself with my own money)



Have you heard about this mascara? Have you tried it? Let me know in the comments below!
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you all are enjoying your Thanksgiving week! As for me, My daughters Birthday is on Thanksgiving day so I'm trying to figure out how we should go about celebrating. I think we'll do Thanksgiving on Thursday and then have her birthday party on Saturday.

Here she is running over to me, wanting me to take a picture of her lashes after she saw me taking pictures of mine. LMBO!


Her papa is Puerto Rican, so she was blessed with lashes that I wish I had!!! Lucky!

7 comments:

  1. Great review! I'm glad I scrolled all the way to the end, she's a doll! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Kellie! She has a love for make-up already and she's 2. :)

      Delete
  2. I like the lengthening factor, but would need something thicker. You have beautiful lashes, by the way.
    Girlie Blog Seattle | Casual Clothes for Less

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love a good thickening mascara. Don't try the Essence mascara is waterproof though. I am reviewing it right now and it definitely does NOT add thickness. :)

      Delete
  3. hey (:
    thanks for commenting on my blog! <3
    I'm following now!

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there Pretty! :)
    Btw, am having my first giveaway. :) You might win awesome COSMETIC ORGANIZERS! ^_^
    I am hoping for your participation. ^_^
    Here's the link: http://thepiinkrouge.blogspot.com/2012/11/novemberrific-giveaway.html
    Looking forward for your participation :)
    Fallow my blog and I will SURELY follow your blog too :)
    Have a great day!

    Much Love!
    -Jan
    http://thepiinkrouge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by. I read each & every comment, and reply back when needed. So go ahead & share it below!!♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...